Upgrade to PH6 with just 2 lvl7 gold storage??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexander, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

I just browsed thru to get some good build idea and found an island which currently upgrading process to PH6 (which required 2 mil gold) with just 2 lvl7 gold storage (combine capacity 800k gold) in his island. How is it even possible??!! Just view for yourself in-game.

Guild: Sinister Soul
    Player ign: fish eye pirate

Am I missing something? Please advice.

2. Kit

Kit First Mate

PhysiX and The Fish Eyed Pirate like this.
  3. k1llyb1lly

k1llyb1lly Powder Monkey

1 word: gem

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Lol:D well yea you can make it with only 2 for a while. It is actually very smart since u don't have to protect so many storages. I might skip building a third grog and gold storage when i hit PH5, which is in 1h 20min :D hypeeee

Kit likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander Powder Monkey

Well, if it's gem then needless to say. And I thought that even with gem you can't exceed your storage capacity. Then I might save up some gem for upgrading PH instead of building gold storage.

6. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

If you use gems you are not restricted by storage limits

7. Whats up guys! I shall explain myself.
    Yes indeed I used gems to upgrade my PH.
    My capacity is 801.500 gold. And the rest is payed with gems.
    Exactly for the reasons @Edward Kenway said. (thank you for calling me smart :D)

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

did someone say salt water??

seriously though that is very smart. How much did it cost to upgrade to 6 with the gems?

9. As I said before, my wallet is not amused. I think it cost me about 800-900 gems. It is allmost finished now, just two days lef

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ok, and that will give you extra defenses and stuff?

11. Yeah I believe one extra cannon, a guntower, 25 walls and the stun-mortar

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

that is sick. And you only have to defense 2 of every resource storage. It's almost like you are PH5 but with extra defenses and walls.

13. Yeah, only if I want to upgrade say my tavern or academy etc then i'm in trouble. So I'm going to build them soon anyway

14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I might do this too. I will have to think about it. 800-900 gems is not that much though.

15. It's do-able and saves you a lot of time and being raided because-you-got-this-huge-stack-of-cash

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

yeah true. And on the other side you get better defenses quicker, which makes it a lot harder for people trying to steal

17. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

what the heck. Im gonna do it. After I build my tavern and upgrade some of my defenses (just got to TH5 2hours ago) I will upgrade the Town Hall again, same as you.

18. After you upgrade it you still got nine days. So I upgraded only half of my buildings when I started upgrading my PH. And nog I am almost done upgrading everything (that I want)

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

But I think i'm gonna upgrade my storages at least one lvl. I need 900k for academy lvl 4. It's impossible if the cap is at 801k. Unless u use gems of course.

20. Oh and thank you @Alexander for using me as an example while i'm one of the most active people on this forum :p Had so much fun reading this