Tortuga Nest: Top 100! (#20 atm) The guild your mama warned you about. [Feb 19: SPOTS OPEN

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Kelani, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Whoops. You do have a PC! *kicks stupid spreadsheet*. Guess I'd better worry about my spot this week. :oops:

p.s. thank you for fixing the cannons. :D

LadyoftheSea and Amuk like this.
  2. Luqman

Luqman Crew

One of our Powder monkey has drinked grog too much.. and one just left.
    2 spots open for Tortuga Nest!
    Come join and kill stuff with us!

Am I doing it right @Kelani ?

Kelani and LadyoftheSea like this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

He's a bit preoccupied, but I'm going to guess yes :)
    Grab those spots quickly people!

LadyoftheSea and Luqman like this.
  4. LadyoftheSea

LadyoftheSea Powder Monkey

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Dec 23 update: I'm (sadly) back from my vacation, and have returned to annoy y'all once again... just as soon as I catch up on these 700+ alerts I have waiting for me on this forum :eek:

On an unrelated note: We currently have 1 spot open, and are closing in on a leaderboard spot. Wanna have fun and help us get there? Send a request and join the Nest today! :)

@Luqman Terima kasih! and yes, that's how you do it! :) Thank you, sir pirate!

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Dec 24 Update: We're FULL. But nothing lasts forever in pirate world, so this is subject to change at any time. Feel free to check back on Dec 27th to see if any spots have opened up, or leave me a message to claim the #1 spot on our waiting list. When a spot opens up, your buzzer will go off, and you'll be given the first opportunity for your seat at our table. :)

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

TN Members: Our banner is ready! Please add it to your signature. Here's how you do it.

1. Copy this code

Code:
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][URL='http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/tortuga-nest-lets-kill-stuff-nov-22-49-50.1235/'][IMG]http://mcdn4.angrybirdsnest.com/wp-content/uploads/album/51529/TNBanner_v1.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]
    [SIZE=3][B][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000]Tortuga Nest: [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]Join us for fun and friendly chat, 100% active members, 24x7 perks, and yummy [/SIZE][B][SIZE=3]cookies![/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    2. Click on your username at the top right of any forum page. Choose Signature from the Drop-Down menu.
    3. Find the icons above the text entry form, and click the Wrench/Paper icon at far right to switch to the BBcode editor
    4. Paste the code you just copied into the text entry form
    5. Click Save Changes. You should see a message appear: "Your Changes have been saved"
    6. Finally, click the Use Rich Text Editor link above and to the left of the Save Changes button to switch back to Rich Text editing.

That's it! Your signature should now show your shiny new TN Banner.

Note: Code has been edited to comply with new forum rules. Please update yours.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  8. Angry birds SPACE + PP?

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yes, it's a space bird. But it had pirate gear already attached. Less work for me.

10. A space pirate who happens to be a bird. Huh.

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

@Kelani , it says in your signature that you got awesome lady pirates. I can't say it didn't spike my interest… Could you give me some more details on that manner?

Kelani likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sure, but it's not a really amazing story :) When I started running the guild, we had a lot of turnover. I was cleaning out a lot of inactives, and it kept happening that a new person would join, and I'd always call them a guy, only to find out they were a lady pirate. :) This happened like 6 times before I got my head around the fact that yes, there are a lot of ladies who play this game. They were cool about my error, and quickly became a huge part of why TN has grown so much. They're all active players, their bases are really great, they kill in their raids, and they're also witty, funny, helpful and just pretty damn cool to be around in chat. Our captain is pretty non-chat and hands off, so at one point, I was considering the possibility of moving to a new guild, so I could have access to the captain features, and all of them said if I left, they'd go with me. That was just awesome to me. They give me hell constantly, but appreciate me, and I appreciate them. Just a great group of pirates that I'm honored to (pretend) to lead. Oh, and one of them is extra awesome, because she joined the guild and made me fall in love with her. Best guild perk ever, IMO.

The lady pirates have superpowers, so I highly recommend adding as many as you can. You can take a guild chat full of guys and it'll get boring pretty quick. Bring in the ladies, and just by being there, everyone gets a lot more chatty (esp the guys). It's a great thing for spicing up guild activity. :)

Edward Kenway and Marmaladesix like this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

December 27 Update: We're still full, but our next cleanout is on Dec 30, and we may have two spots free at that time. Check back then, or send me a message if you'd like us to reserve the next open spot for you.

On an unrelated note, earlier today, we hit a new TN record for guild rank with 3240. This is amazing, since we were at 2400 just over two weeks ago. Lots of TN members have been crushing big loot raids all week, and it's because of them that we've reached his milestone. Congrats, nesters! :)

14. Marmaladesix

Marmaladesix First Mate

Yay us!

Luqman and Kelani like this.
  15. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Yay us!

Kelani likes this.
  16. Nebuchadnezzar =P

17. GeNeTiiX

GeNeTiiX Powder Monkey

Here for a pick up... Says some had popcorn at this door

Kelani likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That we do. And cookies, too. Unless @Christy stole all of them :(

19. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Noooo...!!! Our cookiiieesss...!!

Kelani likes this.
  20. Christy

Christy Commodore

[​IMG]

Here you go @GeNeTiiX :D Sorry I ran out of the green popcorn :( but made this fresh to share with you

Kelani likes this.