Maxed Islands and Shields

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mick Lilley, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Apologies if this has been answered before but there's something puzzling me.

I'm awash with grog right now so I decide to leave it overnight to attract the higher player lurking in the upper 200's/lower 300's. This gives me two things:
    a) It shows me the weak points in my island for a given type of attack.
    b) It gives me a chance of revenge to snipe some (if not all) of their gold via revenge.

Point (a) is certainly true. What's puzzling me is point (b).

I get attacked, then I got to visit to size them up, make my plans and attack. No such luck, they are under a shield. No problem, there's always tomorrow. Except tommow never comes, their PR has changed but they are still under a shield. Never mind, there's always the day after.

Except there isn't. The player is obvously farming (and dripping in gold!), there PR is going up and down, but overnight, they remain under a shield.

I've done this three consecutive nights when they have gone off-line, no joy, they are shielded.

They have the pirate statue so to lose rank they must me either attacking or being attacked. But under shield conditions, I'd see some damage, and I don't.

So, to the question. How is this possible? How can a player remain under a shild for three consecutive nights but raid during the day.

I'm a noob, no doubt about that, that but this is definately mind boggling.

Luqman, Shonda La and Kelani like this.
  2. Landon

Landon First Mate

They paid for it? Or they get attacked? :confused:

3. Na, it doesn't add up. If they were attacked and under a shield, I'd see the damage. If they paid for a shield then then couldn't raid thus could'nt increase their PR. I've been watching (alright stalking) them for three days. I've waited on three occassions to attack and each time, they are under a shield.

Maybe there's stuff going on during their day (my night) that I don't see. It just seems a bit confusing (plus I love gold in large amounts!!).

Maybe point (b) is moot and I should forget about it. Athough, that's the point of revenge, a chance to get something back.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Mick Lilley Yeah, guild chat was not ideal for the details, but that is weird. Unless someone has some logical explanation for it, like what @Shonda La mentioned (letting their PH be destroyed by a teammate when they're done playing for the day), it's possible they could have found a way to exploit the shield cooldown.

Any ideas, anyone? If not, I think this should be looked into.

5. I've got no trrops at the moment but they've gone off-line. I'll tool-up and try again in the interest of science. I'll let you know how how I get on. All I'm after is a 'little' gold. They don't need it, so why not!!

Shonda La and Kelani like this.
  6. Well....
    After recruiting (58 mins), taking another look to see that they are still off-line (gold collectors at 56,000+), i,ve revenged. No surprise, they are under a shield.

I want everyone to understand, I'm not accussing anyone of cheating or any inpropriety. The question was how it's possible. Maybe the system is flawed, maybe I'm doing it wrong, maybe they're smarter than me, or maybe there's something not quite right. Dunno, I'm just after gold and revenge is just an opportunity to get it in quantities, nothing personal.

7. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Pretty easy to pick up a shield. I used to do it before bed. Just leave the PH out somewhere with a res storage and someone will be along shortly with your shield. Then reset everything and get a good night's sleep.

8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Maybe they got the push notice that their base had been attacked, they earned a shield, and then they checked on it. Thereby allowing the base to be rebuilt, but they haven't attacked anyone to lose their shield.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Buy a shield
    Attack
    Buy a shield
    Rinse
    Repeat

Regards

10. Fair enough, I don't know enough about the game to understand how it's done. Buying shields isn't the answer in this case (the maths don't support it). Maybe they are being attacked during my nightime and I don't see it. 100% base !??? Hmmm....

Anyway, It's not important. I'll scratch (b) from the list because they will still come for the grog. Welcome to PP Mick!!

Thankyou for your help.

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So, if you break the purchased shield to attack, the cooldown period doesn't apply? That sounds like a huge oversight.

12. Dont wanna labour this but i've just checked the position of their PH. Middle of their defences so just getting the PH without getting anything else is out.

This sounds negative I know but one thing I've learned about this game is that the official rules don't count.

Anyway, plunder on....

13. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I cannot comprehend how "the maths don't support it".
    If you make an attack you can either gain or lose PR
    If you are attacked you can either lose or gain PR

Please explain what I am missing

MY EDIT
    What I was missing was the cool down period. Having never gemmed anything as yet on PP, I didnt know.
    Still, no excuse to act like I knew what I was talking about...when I apparently did not.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  14. Ok Black-ish Beard...

You raid and you win or lose (but U can't do that under a shield).

You get attacked and you win or lose. You win, your PR goes up. You lose and your PR goes down. With me so far??

You get attacked and lose enough to earn a shield (40%, PH, or total) -- it shows when you visit them.

The point I'm making is that there is no trace of the player in question losing anything and I've follwed them for at least 3 days. Like I've said, I'm not accusiing anyone of anything. I just wanna understand why I'm not allowed to revenge.

Get it it now?

15. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I already gave you the closest thing you will get to an apology.
    Fair enough?
    Or not...

16. No hardship my friend. Didn't see your edit until after my post.

I'm not trying to be aggressive, I'm trying to understand how it's possible. According to the maths, it's not doable without collusion.

Anyway, Have you recently changed your avitar fron the guy holding the big fish or am I delussional ??!

17. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Big fish?
    Why that's delusional!

Um, yeah. That was me. I like this Swiss Family Robinson pirate so much, he replaced me

18. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

What I mean is, move the PH and a storage out into the open water completely defenseless. You 'll have a shield in 5 minutes or less.

19. I hear what your saying but that's not what is happening. Not at least as far as I can see.

The player in question is currently lurking in the very low 200's, sitting there safe and sound under a shield, again.

Maybe your right and they move the PH outside during their day and put it back during their night. I dunno. The only thing I do know is I cant revenge.

Shame, because my walls need feeding !!!

20. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Move on and revenge someone else instead.